Alberto Del Rio talks about joining UFC and Cm Punk





Raj Giri from Wrestlinginc.com recently spoke with former WWE star Alberto Del Rio. He is currently known as Alberto El Patron in the independent circuit. He talked about many things including Cm Punk and UFC. Here are the highlights from the interview:

About if it's a good idea for CM Punk to join UFC and if he'll make it:

"Punk is a great athlete, he's been training to do this for a while, even before he left WWE, he was already doing jiu jitsu and Thai boxing. He was just doing it to be in shape, back then he didn't know that he was going to be in the UFC one day. Now he's taking his time and he's getting ready. He's smart. I'm sure the promoters would like to put him in the cage already because they know he's going to sell PPVs. Phil is a really smart person. He's going to befor sure. There are people saying that he's not going to fight, and it was just a promotion to get people to watch UFC, but it's not. He's fighting for sure. I can't tell you the specific date, because I know he's getting ready and he wants to do well. He wants to have a career in MMA."

When asked about the rumor of him joining UFC:

"I'll do it, but they need to offer the right money, the offers I received from all of the organizations are so ridiculous that I didn't even think about it. It's really good money for the fighters, because I know what fighters do every time they fight, but I do so well in pro wrestling, why would I do something like that if I'm making the same money for pro wrestling appearances?"


Alberto has recently signed a deal for the new MMA based combat series named Combate Americas. He will be doing colour commentary for them. You can buy tickets for the series Ticketmaster.com.


Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »